Pages

Sunday 4 January 2015

Bout of Books 12

I'm really jumping in headfirst this year and I'm going to participate in a read-a-thon for the first time.

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Three things:

  • I've never done a read-a-thon before. 
  • I start school this week, and since I'm in 12th grade and missed most of the last week of school before the break, this week is SUPER important. All my university entrance grades depend on this, actually - and I have diploma exams this month. Woe is me. 
  • But I'm getting eleven books I put on hold at the library very, very soon. (This week it seems to be taking forever to come in - usually when I'm first in line it takes less than a day. Maybe it's because, you know, eleven books.)

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm trying to make time for me to read - to prove that it's something I can do. I just hope I'm not going to use this as an excuse to procrastinate my homework. 

So I suppose that's my goal: make time for me to read when I otherwise wouldn't. I'm putting my goal at five books. Let's see how this goes. 

2 comments:

  1. BoB 11 was my first read-a-thon and it was awesome! If you have time, try to participate in a twitter chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited and enjoying allowing some reading time for myself! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll have any time between reading and studying, but for the next Bout of Books, I'll have plenty of time. :D

      Delete